Reading My Way Around the World

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Fire Proofing Cert...

I've been spending today sorting through old files looking for one bit of paper that should have already been on the computer.

It's wonderful starting to find new gigs ... there's lots of them there to find ... and I am so grateful that there is interest in my work ... thank you angels.  But the downside of each new booking is that each one generates a list of paperwork to be provided ... fire proofing for the back drops; insurance for the theatre; set list for the copyright agency; stage plan for the techies; press release for the media; flyers and posters for front of house ... and hours later I still haven't gotten to my list of things to do today!!   Anyway, I've at least found the fire proofing certificate.   Now it's on to creating a slide show to screen behind me singing and lastly create a script for the flow of the new show.

And in the process today I've made a good start on clearing out my filing cabinet.   OK, next ... insurance ...ho hum...

I also found this that a friend sent me many years ago - made me smile:))

I'm Tired
Yes.  I'm tired.   For several years I've been blaming it on middle age, poor blood, lack of vitamins, air pollution, saccharin, obesity, dieting, lack of exercise, and another dozen maladies that make you wonder if life is really worth living.
But I found out it ain't that.
I'm tired because I'm overworked.
The population of this country is 51 million.21 million are retired.That leaves 30 million to do the work.There are 19 million at school.That leaves 11 million to do the work.2 million are unemployed and 4 million are employed by the government.That leaves 5 million to do the work.One million are in the armed forces which leaves 4 million to do the work.3 million are employed by County and Borough councils leaving 1 million to do the work.  There are 620,000 people in hospital and 379,998 in prisons.  
Which leaves 2 people to do the work.
You and me.
And you're sitting on your backside reading this.
No wonder I'm bloody tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do drop me a line ... I love to read your comments :)