Reading My Way Around the World

Tuesday 12 December 2017

Christmas Bauble - Advent Scavenger Hunt Day 12

I always think of baubles as being round, so this is technically not a bauble, but it is my very favourite tree decoration.  I bought it at a Christmas market in Germany 15 or more years ago.  It's a mini pyramid and works fully - if there is a heat source underneath it the blades at the top turn around turning the little roundabout below.

For three or four years in succession Tom and I did a December tour in Germany and over the years I bought many of these wooden ornaments.  I'm torn between wanting to get back to the Christmas markets and the other side of it - travelling in very cold conditions, including doing concerts outdoors ... not sure that I'm fit enough for that anymore.

I'm joining in this month with  Julie's Advent Scavenger Hunt.

7 comments:

  1. We have a German Christmas shop in a town not far from us and they have these lovely wooden creations - when the boys were little they were fascinated by all the moving parts. It amazes me how detailed they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few of the wooden ornaments and one similar to yours stands on a shelf above a radiator and turns continually.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something I've never seen before & it's beautiful. The dilemma's that come as we get older, when there is still so much we want to do. Take care & huggles from Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of it going round and round. Never come across a bauble like that.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you go to a Christmas market and concert in Germany, dear Fil! It's definitely such an experience and I loved that you did this many times and bought so beautiful ornaments, I am sure! Thus bauble is really so beautiful! I can see why it's a favorite! Hope you have a lovely day! Hugs!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is such a darling ornament!x

    ReplyDelete

Do drop me a line ... I love to read your comments :)