Reading My Way Around the World

Friday 2 May 2014

Upcoming concerts


Every year during the month of May, the arts offices in the South of Ireland give funding for organisations to run events for older people - photography, drama, memory recording and of course music.   These shows are all under the umbrella of the Bealtaine Festival.

I'll be playing 5 concerts during the month with my partner Tom McFarland - our show is called: 
Just A Song of Twilight
We'll be at the following venues 
8pm Wed 7th May - Draiocht Studio Theatre, Blanchardstown, Dublin - www.draiocht.ie


8pm Mon 12th May - Croc an Oir, Mullinahone, Co. Tipperary - www.crocanoir.com
8pm Tues 13th May - Culturlann Sweeney, Kilkee, Co. Clare Tel 065 9060769
2pm Wed 14th May - Glor, Ennis - www.glor.ie
3pm Thurs 29th May - Civic Theatre, Tallaght, Dublin 24 -www.civictheatre.ie
If you know of anyone in these areas who would be interested in a concert of great old songs then get in touch with the theatres in question. Some of the concerts are free and others are at reduced prices.  


Straight after that we head to Germany from the 2nd - 9th of June ... These concerts will be more of a mix of contemporary and traditional songs.  Dates are now up on my website at www.filcampbell.com 


If you'd like to keep posted with our touring plans and CD releases please sign up to my newsletter either at my website or here in the side bar.  

6 comments:

  1. Hope it's a successful tour as with the trip to Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're going to be very busy, but it occurs to me I don't know what you actually play?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol I sing Sandy, and play guitar and piano - a mixture of my own songs and Irish traditional folk songs - these shows will be all folky Irish and the German ones will be more of a mix. My husband is percussionist and he plays and sings with me. Occasionally we have a full band but a lot of the time it's just the two of us. And then I coach singers and have a choir for people who say they can't sing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun. Best of luck! Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure why your signature thing didn't work yesterday? I've not changed any of my settings, perhaps it was just a weird fluke? Got a new post up and making my blog rounds. Happy Sunday to you.

    ReplyDelete

Do drop me a line ... I love to read your comments :)