Reading My Way Around the World

Wednesday 15 October 2014

Narnia Part 2

The entrance to Narnia
Well, we managed to get down to the woods again this weekend to see some more of the Narnia surprises.  There were children of all ages exploring the place -  brilliant.

If you haven't read part 1 of this blog, I should tell you that I live in Rostrevor, in Northern Ireland at the foot of the Mourne Mountains, on the shores of Carlingford Lough, with the Cooley Mountains opposite and thousands of years of myths and legends surrounding the whole area.   And C.S. Lewis was so enamoured by it as a child that he told someone that this area was his idea of Narnia.  And our local council have organised a Narnia trail in the woods to honour him.   
It won't be officially opened until 31st October and there is no signage up yet, so I'm guessing at these exhibits.  With each visit new things are appearing and no-one is seen working on the pieces which is adding to the excitement:)   Everyone you meet is talking about it.  

The first place we found was the otters house, I'm guessing - a place for little people at any rate....





Looking up, this is a part of the wood I've walked past on many occasions without paying much attention ...




Some more little people must be living in this part ...  the doors to your imagination for sure..

 and this must be the important person's house ...

I can't wait to get up and see more.  

We're preparing for a concert at the weekend and trying to find time to be in the studio after some family problems and the emotional exhaustion that goes with that.   But these walks in the woods in the Autumn sunshine are a brilliant distraction. 

This is Day 4 of the Sarah Allen's 30 Day blogging challenge.  







8 comments:

  1. Love all those little doors and windows. I guess the first was the door to the wardrobe itself. I couldn't quite figure out what was in the tree tops.

    Fil, in my blog tomorrow I have posted a fall picture from my bedroom window, thought you would like to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to that Jo - thank you :)
      The treetops were just me looking up .... I love the shape of trees from that angle - and this exhibition has brought us into the woods which we hadn't done for a long time.

      Delete
  2. This gave me goose bumps! I love to imagine the little people living in the woods, and there you are, little doors and everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe - they've really captured it haven't they? I totally imagine people living there too.

      Delete
  3. That looks really magical Fil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fantastic Sarah - I can't wait to see the signage for it.
      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. It all looks so magical - the teacher in me keeps thinking of all the writing that would come out of a class visit there once it's open - I did once do a lesson using little magical doors in the classroom and it worked well but set in that wood would be out of this world!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids' imaginations let loose on that would be fantastic.

      Delete

Do drop me a line ... I love to read your comments :)