Reading My Way Around the World

Tuesday 21 October 2014

Who cares!

With concerts over the past couple of days I'm a bit behind with my 30 day blogging challenge so this is short and sweet and tomorrow will be catch up day.

I try to not watch the news too much - headlines are enough to see all the badness that's out there.   But I'm at a total loss to see why (a) there's so much interest in Oscar Pistorius' trial .... why has he captured the media attention to such a degree?   The cynic in me suspects diversion tactics.   And (b) who cares what Renee Zellweger has done to her face!!  I spend far too much time on Facebook, and I noticed her name coming up a few times this evening and, wondering what new movie has she coming out, I clicked in to find 100s of people aghast that she apparently looks younger now that she used to!!!   Duh!!

I don't get it - all the more reason to not tune in.

OK, rant over - see you tomorrow with something calm and sensible - ish lol

This blog is Day 10 of Sarah Allen's 30 day blog challenge

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you Fil. It's ok to cover a story, but much of these go into overkill. I just skim over them once I've seen a headline or the first para. And I'd ignore anything on FB I didn't want to look through. There's so much to see lready!

    ReplyDelete

Do drop me a line ... I love to read your comments :)