Reading My Way Around the World

Monday 26 September 2016

The Last Days of Summer

It has been a beautiful week of sunshine - perfect for bringing my Mum home out of hospital.  It reminded me of this song I co-wrote at a songwriters workshop a while back with a lovely singer songwriter called Eugene Brosnan.
Tom caught the sun glinting on the water and it made a perfect match.

We're off to Scotland now (in the pouring rain) for a run of folk club concerts - it is always a pleasure to catch up with friends here and to play in these intimate little venues - the last tour for this year.   Thankfully my brother has come home to be with Mum for the time we're away and by the time we're back she should be back on her feet again.

And I've just realised this is my 300th blogpost - not all published mind you, but still an achievement.

Have a great week and enjoy the colours of Spring or Autumn whichever part of the world you're in.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 300th blog post.

    And have fun in Scotland, you've picked the right week for it because the weather seems to be improving. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your Mum is out of hospital. I hope you have a wonderful time away. Enjoy the break as much as you can! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful tune! Thanks for sharing.
    Glad to hear your Mom is out of the hospital.
    Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's amazing that your mum is back home, good news! I hope your tour is very nice, I am sure it will be, and I am longing to see the pictures of it and the descriptions! And the last for the year, it means "year accomplished" :) This song... I need to listen to it more and more times... it's like a mantra... well done, dear Fil! "It's me I am deceiving... I don't need even a plan..." brilliant words! Congratulations for the 300th post, even though not all published, your thoughts 300 times written :) Wishing you a good trip, dear Fil! Hugs!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations for 300 posts,published or otherwise ☺glad your Mum is home, hope you have a lovely time in Scotland x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Fil, this is so beautiful! Your voice is SO exquisite to listen to! I'd love to hear you live!x

    ReplyDelete

Do drop me a line ... I love to read your comments :)