Reading My Way Around the World

Sunday 7 May 2017

Kindness Challenge 2017

I'm looking forward to joining in with the annual Kindness Challenge organised by Niki at the Richness of a Simple Life blog starting on Monday and running for 7 weeks - there's still time to join in if you'd like to.

To start with Niki has asked us to set an intention.  Intention setting is something I'd like to experience more of in my life - I tend to run at life and then wonder why I feel so overwhelmed or dragging behind, so this is a lovely way to start this challenge.

I suppose my intention is to be kinder to myself, to consciously spread more kindness around me and to contribute to bringing more joy to the world.  I consider myself a kind person to start with, but there's always room for more.

The going's been tough over the past few months and as a result we've had to take some hard decisions to cancel work and change plans which I'm not happy about.   So I"m looking forward to following along to help buoy my spirits and to not add to the overwhelming onslaught of negativity everywhere we turn at the moment.




6 comments:

  1. I've decided to join in too after reading this blog post and I've written my own blog post today about it mentioning you! Looking forward to the learning journey ahead :)
    Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to this post I was able to find yours Fil! I hadn't realized link backs only show up on my post from other WordPress bloggers. I'll make a note so that bloggers on other platforms leave their link in the comments so we can be sure to accompany one another on the journey!

      Delete
    2. Excellent to have your company Pempi :)

      Delete
  2. I love how you reflected on intention and how you can incorporate that into your life! I personally find setting intentions is an incredibly empowering and supporting way to go through life.

    Thank you for your transparent intention post. I look forward to how this challenge will support you as you move forward. Sending you lots of love! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niki - looking forward to it - I would love to have more openness in blogging and I think this will help.
      Must go back and check out the links too

      Delete
  3. I'll have to read more on this. I've found that if I write it down (the old 'If you think it, ink it') that I'll get it accomplished. Going to check out her blog and will be checking back with you to see how your intentions work out.

    ReplyDelete

Do drop me a line ... I love to read your comments :)