Reading My Way Around the World

Friday 8 December 2017

Holly and Ivy - Julie's Virtual Advent Calendar Day 8

A few of us spent a very leisurely Sunday afternoon at the weekend making Advent wreaths.   Two of my friends are German and this is a big tradition from their part of the world.   I love going around taking things from my garden - bits of everything that's growing, including lots of Holly and Ivy.  



I'm joining in this month with  Julie's Advent Scavenger Hunt - a post a day (more or less) from now until the 24th.
You can check in here for the details of the prompts and the list of who else is playing and to join in yourself if you fancy playing along.

8 comments:

  1. That looks lovely & I should do one in garden greenery in winter here, rather than summer when it can be withered & brown within a day in our hot weather at Christmas time. Sounds like time well spent crafting with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fil - looks glorious and a delightful pastime for this season ... when my mother was ill - I used to take in a small posy of the scents of winter ... with some prickles, berries etc - for her to see, feel and touch ... memories - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each year my DIL makes wreaths with all her friends. The smell is wonderful on a home made wreath.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely way to spend time with friends. I spent an afternoon making all sorts of Christmas biscuits with a German friend and introduced her to our mincemeat. It was the best of both worlds.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This wreath is lovely! I loved the idea of collecting things from your garden! I sometimes make some wreaths, but lately I haven't made any, and yours is really an inspiration! Wishing you a beautiful weekend, dear Fil! Hugs!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a beautiful wreath, much nicer than the shop bought ones.

    ReplyDelete

Do drop me a line ... I love to read your comments :)