Reading My Way Around the World

Sunday 17 December 2017

Wrapping Paper - Advent Scavenger Hunt Day 17

I love wrapping papers and buy far too much of it!  Years ago it became clear to me that I needed more colour around me which was why I was endlessly buying notebooks, colouring pencils, papers and wool.  
Art has never been one of my things - music was scheduled against it in school so I didn't get the need to play with paint and paper out of my system.   So a few years back I joined an online art class with a wonderful American artist called Alisa Burke.  One of her classes was on doing pre Christmas things and one module was about creating Christmas wrapping paper yourself.   Hers looked much like the one on the right of this photo which I bought the other day in our local supermarket.   Mine on the contrary looked like something that a five year old would reject!!!!   Still, I can dream on and no doubt I'll skill keep buying the bright shiny and coloured in things.  

I'm joining in this month with  Julie's Advent Scavenger Hunt  

9 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about surrounding yourself with colour, it does wonder for your soul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. without at doubt - now all I need is to learn how to paint!!!

      Delete
  2. I can see why you were drawn to the papers...there are some gorgeous examples about.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful paper

    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, some of those are Japanese that I bought in Australia

      Delete
  4. Ah, no, dear Fil, I believe yours was lovely! And I also looove wrapping paper! And colour, yes :) I always see you as very artistic - not only music, of course, but willing to learn things and admiring art in general! It's a great combination! Many hugs, dear Fil, and I hope you have a great week!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise :) What are the wrappings like in South America?

      Delete
  5. I like these- they are super pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

Do drop me a line ... I love to read your comments :)