Reading My Way Around the World

Friday 30 March 2018

Positive News Magazine #WATWB

Here we are at the end of another month - time to take part in the We Are The World Blogfest, a global event in the blogging world, a chance to spread positive news for a day.  A special hello to     Belinda Witzenhausen,  Sylvia McGrath, Sylvia Stein  Shilpa Garg, and Eric Lahti who are the cohosts for this month.

I must confess that in recent months I have more or less entirely stopped watching the news, or following stories online - there is such heaviness in the world.  And it's getting harder to find stories that I want to share.

But the young kids in America in the past few weeks have been inspirational - they are lighting a spark that I so want them to turn into a huge fire.  Isn't it remarkable that most of these wonderful young men and women are not as old as this century and as a result have spent their entire lives so far under the threat of doom and war and misery ... I hope they are the catalysts for change that this world so deserves.

But the story I want to tell you about today is about a magazine I found that prints only good news stories.   I'm sure some of you have already come across this.  It's called Positive News, what else, and is printed in England.  I've been subscribing online for a few months and the stories that come out weekly are interesting and full of hope, including the companies who are sponsoring them.   This month I finally bought a physical copy of the magazine as well.

Check them out and support them if you can - it'd be great to see more positive journalism instead of constant streaming news that no longer simply informs but seems to try to tell us how to think.




6 comments:

  1. I've got a subscription for Positive News. It truly is a breath of fresh air.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fil - it sounds such a great magazine .. one to remember when I get back overseas. I agree with you - it's so negative the news ... thanks for letting us know - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such positive news about Positive News - there really is much to celebrate in our world and it deserves our attention.

    I'm very proud of the young people in America who are truly the carriers of hope, the demanders of change, and the bright light consciences that so desperately need to be heard here in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that sounds a wonderful magazine! I also don't watch the news or I didn't since I haven't had a TV for 8 years- we now have one and what a waste of time it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a cool idea. I'm not sure what I'd do with news that didn't want to make me rip the heart out of the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I think it's wonderful that some newspeople are finally starting to realize that many of us don't want all the sensationalized garbage that everyone else is putting out.

    ReplyDelete

Do drop me a line ... I love to read your comments :)